(Potential for this to be a remote position. Open to applicants out-of-state in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington.)
We’re looking for an experienced Account Manager who will work with our legacy gaming clients to manage creative and digital programs. You will be part of a close-knit creative and digital team working with internal and external partners to drive content communications daily. Success in this role means having a strong operational mindset and being able to define, lead, and execute thoughtful creative and digital programs/campaigns. You should be well versed in client services, project management, and external communication. You will also need exceptional project management and a detail-oriented work ethic to assist in the creation and facilitation of creative and digital assets while managing timelines and client communication.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing creative and digital deliverables for popular brands and playing a role in client relations. A passion for video games and the games industry is also a major plus.
What’s it like to be an Account Manager at Off Base?
- Day-to-Day – As an Account Manager on our team, you will work with clients to make sure our program and creative/digital services are delivered. We work in a fast-paced environment where content priorities can change and our team needs to react quickly. Ongoing responsibilities will include account/project management (client meetings, invoicing, timesheet tracking, detailed agendas/recaps), developing and executing against a campaign brief or program. Additional responsibilities will also include working closely with the creative services team to project manage the development of assets, track deliveries, localize content, and develop efficient workflow and organization systems.
- Working With The Best of the Best – As part of our team, you’ll get the chance to work on fun projects for the biggest names out there. You will also be partnering with first-class (and thoroughly lovely) people within your team and across other creative and technical disciplines.
- Growth – At Off Base, we know everyone is on their own path of professional development. It is important to us that you are given the opportunity to not just grow in your current role but also pursue other areas that may be of interest. Our leadership works closely to ensure team members can branch beyond their day-to-day and work on projects that excite and challenge them.
- Hustle & Bustle – Off Base is a thriving creative agency with constant incoming projects and opportunities to do really cool stuff. You should have a “start-up” mentality and be eager to solve complex challenges from our clients and jump into new and familiar territory. We want people who are excited to raise their hand, even if it’s creating something that doesn’t exist yet. Especially in the digital space, things are constantly changing and we expect you to follow along.
What do we look for in candidates?
- A previous client-services, account management, or project management background.
- A process-oriented mindset focused on creating documentation, optimizing workflows, and streamlining organizational systems.
- The belief that words matter and you pride yourself on your writing and stylistic sensibility.
- Someone with a strong passion for digital and creative trends. You need to have an understanding of how to integrate relevant insights into actionable takeaways for our clients.
- You have a keen visual sense, an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for content across digital platforms (and are able to convey this to our creative team).
- A mission-driven and naturally team-obsessed mentality.
- A knack for being entrepreneurial, self-directed, and resourceful. If you don’t know how to do something, you’re happy to do the homework to research and learn new skills.
- Even though you will always have infinite support, you are able to succeed with minimal guidance and oversight.
- You have flexibility and willingness to work across multiple time zones. Our clients and programs are global in nature so the occasional evening and weekend meetings should be expected.
- 4-6 years of experience in hands-on project management and account management experience
- A background in creative project management – you have a strong operational background and can traffic and facilitate the production of assets from brief to final deliverables.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to give updates and reports to clients and other stakeholders with confidence.
- Solid understanding of integrated account plans, and is able to pull together strategy (including analysis and reports) with senior support.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic program that addresses a client’s business and communication needs.
- Expertise to conduct landscape analysis, competitive strategy to attract new prospects, specific entry strategy for a prospect, and estimate of how the strategy will be monetized.
- Proven ability to write client documents or communication with minimal supervision; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; documents are error-free, with the client’s objectives in mind; able to write persuasively; supervises and develops writing skills for staff.
- A focus for delivering the highest quality client service possible.
- An innovation mindset that finds opportunities to optimize and improve processes/workflow.
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, and samples of social media work you’ve done for your company or clients to firstname.lastname@example.org.