Bilingual Account Manager
(Must be fluent in Japanese)
Potential for this to be a remote position. Open to applicants out-of-state in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas, Washington.
We’re looking for an experienced Account Manager who will work with our entertainment and gaming clients to run creative and digital programs. Success in this role means having a strong operational mindset and being able to define, lead, and execute thoughtful creative and digital programs/campaigns. You should be well versed in client services, project management, and external communication.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing account services for popular brands and playing a role in client relations. A passion for video games and the games industry is also a major plus.
- Ongoing responsibilities will include account and project management (client meetings, invoicing, timesheet tracking, detailed agendas/recaps), developing and executing against a campaign brief or program.
- Work cross-functionally with creative and technical teams to project manage and execute against the client program. To include, managing the development of assets, tracking deliveries, localizing content, and developing efficient workflow and organization systems.
- Begin work or undertake a project under your own initiative, with minimal supervision or instruction.
- Think critically, practically, and conceptually about account challenges and conduct research as needed to learn new skills that may be outside of your expertise.
- Strong written and verbal communication in both English and Japanese with exceptional writing, grammar, and creative copywriting skills.
- Understanding of Japanese culture and regional trends, publications, and brands.
- Demonstrate the skills of a natural storyteller, with a passion for crafting stories through copy, messaging, and positioning.
- Write client documents or communication with minimal supervision; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect; documents are error-free, with the client’s objectives in mind; able to write persuasively; supervises and develops writing skills for staff.
- Possess a solid understanding of integrated account plans, and be able to pull together strategy (including analysis and reports) with senior support.
- Develop and implement a strategic program that addresses a client’s business and communication needs.
- Expertise to conduct landscape analysis, competitive strategy to attract new prospects, specific entry strategy for a prospect, and estimate of how the strategy will be monetized.
- An innovation mindset that finds opportunities to optimize and improve processes/workflow.
- A focus on delivering the highest quality client service possible.
- Flexibility and willingness to work across multiple time zones, particularly in Japan and other Asian countries on a daily basis.
- Pass a Japanese language test and conversation with Japanese team partners.
- 4-6 years of experience in hands-on project management and account management experience
- A background in creative project management and video production – you have a strong operational background and can traffic and facilitate the production of assets from brief to final deliverables.
- A strong background in account and client services, understanding the nuance of client relationships and management, and best practices in account management
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, and samples of social media work you’ve done for your company or clients to email@example.com.