Account & Social Media Manager – Paid Focus
We’re looking for an experienced Account & Social Media Manager who will work with our legacy gaming clients to run large, global social programs. You will be part of a close-knit digital team working with internal and external partners to drive content communications daily. Success in this role means having a strong operational mindset and being able to define, lead, and execute thoughtful social media programs/campaigns. You should be well versed in client services, project management, and producing compelling digital content informed by data to exceed our client’s KPI benchmarks. You will also be instrumental in helping build, grow, and expand our social media/digital services (including paid media).
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social for popular brands and playing a role in client relations. A passion for video games and the games industry is also a major plus.
What’s it like to be an Account & Social Media Manager at Off Base?
As an Account & Social Media Director on our team, you will work with clients to make sure digital channels are humming smoothly. We work in a fast-paced environment where content priorities can change and our team needs to react quickly. Ongoing responsibilities will include account/project management (client meetings, invoicing, timesheet tracking, detailed agendas/recaps), developing and executing against a content strategy, maintaining content calendars, publishing content on social channels/WordPress, and distilling/generating analytics reports. Additionally, you will be tasked with ensuring that the larger team is made aware of any relevant social trends, platform updates, and digital insights.
Working with the Best of the Best
As part of our team, you’ll get the chance to work on fun projects for the biggest names out there. You will also be partnering with first-class (and thoroughly lovely) people within your team and across other creative and technical disciplines.
At Off Base, we know everyone is on their own path of professional development. It is important to us that you are given the opportunity to not just grow in your current role but also pursue other areas that may be of interest. Our leadership works closely to ensure team members can branch beyond their day-to-day and work on projects that excite and challenge them.
Hustle & Bustle
Off Base is a thriving creative agency with constant incoming projects and opportunities to do really cool stuff. You should have a “start-up” mentality and be eager to solve complex challenges from our clients and jump into new and familiar territory. We want people who are excited to raise their hand, even if it’s creating something that doesn’t exist yet. Especially in the digital space, things are constantly changing and we expect you to follow along.
What do we look for in Social Media candidates?
- A paid media background – you know how to optimize social campaigns to deliver on key KPIs and outperform benchmarks.
- Someone with a strong passion for social. You need to have an understanding of how to integrate relevant insights/trends into actionable takeaways for our clients.
- The belief that words matter and you pride yourself on your writing and stylistic sensibility.
- You bring your exceptional writing, grammar, and creative copywriting skills for social content. You’re also able to bring it to life with your quick wit that’s on-brand, on-point, and sometimes, on the fly. 😛
- The skills of a natural storyteller – you have a passion for crafting stories through copy, imagery, graphics, and video.
- You have a keen visual sense, an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for content across social platforms (and are able to convey this to our creative team).
- A mission-driven and naturally team-obsessed mentality. You lead with empathy and make it a goal to use social media as a means to educate, motivate, entertain, and build a community.
- A knack for being entrepreneurial, self-directed, and resourceful. If you don’t know how to do something, you’re happy to do the homework to research and learn new skills.
- Even though you will always have infinite support, you are able to succeed with minimal guidance and oversight.
- You have flexibility and willingness to work across multiple time zones. Our clients and programs are global in nature so the occasional evening and weekend meetings should be expected.
- 4-6 years of experience in paid media and managing ad campaigns for clients.
- 4-6 years of experience in hands-on project management and social media experience.
- Proficiency in social media publishing, listening, and measurement tools.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to give updates and reports to clients and other stakeholders with confidence.
- A focus for delivering the highest quality client service possible.
- An innovation mindset that finds opportunities to optimize and improve processes/workflow.
- A detail-oriented work ethic that pays attention to the little things.
Interested? Please send your cover letter, resume, and samples of social media work you’ve done for your company or clients to firstname.lastname@example.org.